Thursday, May 05, 2005

Mother's Day

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Well its approaching yet again.. I am feeling a tad at odds.. something about this day.. without her really bothers Me.. I know its a celebration and I will honor her spirit again this year.. but sometimes the memory fades.. that scares me.. I think I can hear her laugh.. or feel her .. it was cold here the other day.. I walked Percy.. and put her old sheepskin gloves on.. yes they still have her scent in them.. I feel comforted by them.. but I don't fool myself.. these too will fade after time.. I was thinking about the bleeding hearts and white narcissis flowers that were her favorites at our country house.. they were always a stable there each year in the U shapped garden and as a cornerstone plant on the corner of the house.. Now all that is gone.. the new owners years back took them away.. I hope the lilac trees are still there when I drive up on Sunday..

Should I ever have a place of my own.. these two are sure to be planted.. in her honor.. as well a horsechestnut tree.. Oh well I am bumming myself out.. I guess I better go.. before the tears are yet aflow..


Love Ya Mom.. Where ever You are !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Kindred Nutmeg,

Thanks for your RAOK in wishing me a speedy recovery at our Earth Home Garden blog:}>

I empathize with you in not having your mother on Mother's Day.

My father died 44 years ago at the age of 36 and Father's day is always sad for me.

But at least I was able to talk with my 80 year old mother on the phone Sunday.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home