Friday, June 03, 2005

June's Praises..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ah June.. sweet sounds of the return of the birds.. and new life begins.. Tree's blooming.. babe's born or hatched.. Renascence without scorn for winter.. instead belief that it all for the greater good. The great snows replenish our water tables.. shorter days allow Mother Nature to get a restful sleep.. while the whimsical temperatures afford the white beauty that precedes summers green.

For Me.. summers mean that I too can replenish my spirit.. for I can once again head for events like the many agricultural fairs that dot the countryside.. I do love them.. especially trudging through the barns.. watching the various contests put on by the 4H Clubs.. and then the parades of animals on display.. A favorite of mine though has to be the Chuck Wagons.. with teams of 4-6 or 8 draft horses.. totally dressed in their leather harnesses with their braided tails and manes.. ribbons and bells..One year I actually helped with tail braiding thanks to a horse owner that let me give it a go... it wasn't easy as the hair is so stiff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

beauties like these .. belgians. Oh country fairs also sport the crafting types that compete in various needle crafts.. wood crafts.. baking.. and of course the vegetable competition including the giants.. and oh my are they special. As well the fairs also add to the fun by having tractor pulls.. buildings with bygone tools and machinery.. to enhance the atmosphere.. Then there are the food kiosks.. offering lots of goodies.. terrible for the waistline.. but to good to pass up..

So yes do I look forward to summer... not so much the heat and humidity.. but certainly the spirit renewal I gain after a long winter..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. First fair is on the calendar..


......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

summer is coming her and my spiritis is waken upp i love summertime:)
svana

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home