Tuesday, August 16, 2005

....The Bug ...

When things get so busy I feel the need to kick back... this past weekend provided me exactly what I needed.. Saturday I had booked 2 hours to go " horseback riding " something that has been on my " To Do " list for ages.. 2005 was to be THE YEAR.. I got up my courage to face that beast.. Driving out to the stables I was a little apprehensive I must admit.. but it was a lovely sun filled day.. cool breezes and green green green. I shook my head a couple of times knowing I could get hurt.. if but I also knew I had a whole slew of cyber friends hoping nothing happened and that I would be fine.. I took a few special rocks with me.. for inspiration.. arriving I saw the paddocks.. with a few horses as I was early most were already on the trail.. I had prepared a bag of fruits and vege's for them.. Gee they were like cattle.. they saw the bag and were coming on over.. these gentle giants.. were sweet.. One hung back though.. seemed not happy.. so I went over to him.. He really did not fit in with this gang it seemed to Me.. I snapped a few pictures of them and awaited the return of the others..

You can feel and hear the earth when horses approach..like thunder rumbling... giggles and " Whoa " was heard.. earth shook.. 15 riders were coming in with horses of all colors and sizes. Quite a sight.. Snap snap went my camera.. They all dismounted.. and let the horses nibble grass and drink if they wanted.. We waited for a few stragglers.. 30 minutes passed all the new crop of riders arrived.. most bearing fruit and vege's that were well received. Little girls 6 to oldies like me were in the group.. and if they had no fear.. why the heck should I.. these majestics looked wonderful.. cept for a few flys bugging them..
I know I'll be back.. I think I got " The Bug "

Yup 2 more hours next Saturday.. See Ya.. I'll bring the treats.. Mmmmmmmmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home