Monday, September 05, 2005

....The Sandbanks

.... It's Thursday.. I'm off ... Percy's ready.. car is packed for another adventure.. Sandbanks Provincial Park is the destination.. but as usual its the journey.. So lets go..

Its beautiful out.. crisp but I know its going to be hot.. the weather forcast is for high 80's and 90's. Off to start the first leg.. traffic is light.. once off the island its clear sailing... roads are pretty clear.. Woohooo " Welcome To Ontario " sign just ahead.. I think I'll go through to Kingston.. there's a Denny's there on Division Street for breakfast.. and I'll take Percy out for a whiz and drink.. Gee the trees are starting to turn color off to the sides of the road.. corn fields are high.. hay rolls are everywhere.. the farmers have been busy.. Cows are standing off into the shade.. the sun is very hot.. thank goodness for shade trees and shelters.. I saw a few monarch butterflys.. they should be heading out soon... as well a whole flock of Canada Geese by Upper Canada Village Park.. They seem to really enjoy that spot.. Stop and snap a picture.. Click

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay lets get back to business.. stomach is rumbling a bit Denny's here we come.. got a Motown tape playing.. I'm singing along.. Percy is stretched out across the back seat snoozing.. What a beaster.. mind you every once in a while.. I get a whiff just to remember he's there.. HaHa..

Yea... Division Street.. pulling off for breakfast. Think a slammer breakfast is in order..........

Okay fed and coffee'd out time to walk Percy & hit the road.. We're off.. Think its time to leave the majoy highway and take the senic route.. #2 its much prettier.. Yup small towns great smells.. it runs by the water.. all the way to the Sandbanks Park.. Awe I ove small towns and the old Loyalist Highway runs through some real nice ones and the architecture in some are just lovely.. Oh my goodness.. look a huge turtle and elephant.. I must stop and get a picture.. Oh man it didn't come out.. something blocked the lens.. maybe the cap.. :o(

There now isn't that something.. Lets continue.. Oh signs.. I see them Sandbanks Provincial Park.. turn here..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now here are a few pictures as they tell a better story..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the hiking trail.. it was very peaceful Percy and I had a wonderful walk..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Off to the ferry and Lake on The Mountain..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home