Tuesday, October 25, 2005

.. Memorial

The day begins with pelting of rain different than the .. cloud and overcast yesterday when I visited with my sis.. a breast cancer survivor.. After I picked her up at the Nissan dealership where she dropped off her daughters car for a scheduled maintenance check.. we went out to breakfast to catch up and touch base. I know she has much on her plate these days as we all do.. but with the dawning of Mom's memorial day today .. I knew it was good to share some time.. She will meet up with a couple of the other siblings and Dad at the cemetary today.. I made my trek down there Friday with Percy.. a crisp day with sun.. cloud and winds.. The gravesite looked the same except that a sibling had planted a sedum and potted mums flanking the stones..

Oh there was no getting away from it like past visits she wasn't there.. staring at a stone that bears her name as well as other members of her family all the way back to the 1800's .. this is a perpetual gravesite.. she is surrounded by her parents and siblings.. she thought that was a comfort she had told me in life as I oft drove her to the cemetary to visit them.. I guess it is the last place we ever see a loved one.. after that its just memories that keep us going..

Till We meet Again..
Love Ya Mom..

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Sheri said...

Hey kido...Just a note to let you know your board is fine and we are all thinking of you.

Always try to keep tabs on you Brothers and Sisters, you may not see them day to day but when the chips are down...they have a funny way of showing up. I for one am an only child, so I don't have that luxury of brothers and sisters.

Big hugs to my Spiritual sister.

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigg hugs tou you my rock syster
svana

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Sheri said...

Get posting girl.....

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home