.... Chessy Maisonneuve
... It was a hot summer day in July .. I spotted her .. this sickly little feral cat in the yard.. She was in poor shape covered in mud, fleas and ear mites.. I knew I had to try to catch her as she surely was going to die. I was as usual beside myself when I see a small spirit like this left out in the elements.. The heat was incredible at that time of year 90's everyday .. well I figured as she seemed weak she might respond to food .. I set out tuna near where she was hiding.. and left only to watch with my binoculars to see her .. not long after she came out when things were quiet .. Thank Goodness .. I thought as the flys and bugs were all around the area she was in. I prepared to bring her in bearing in mind my other cats she needed to be isolated at first if I caught her.. Well I did catch her with a bit of a struggle but she was weak.. I cleaned her up and got her to the vet.. he did not hold out much hope.. for she also had a worm infestation.. Well she did survive I had her spayed and checked out for transmittable diseases as I did not want to pass any illness to my existing cats.. but all was okay..
... Well its 16 years later and her age is showing .. she is experiencing some demensia.. and her eating has dropped off there is little enthusiasm for life .. she sleeps alot.. all typical signs of old age.. her bathroom habits are fine so thats a good thing.. Its truely sad to see but I know I will loose her.. and it never gets any easier to accept this reality of living with these little spirits.. If I sense she is suffering or in any pain I will take her to the vet but I have read alot about the process of aging animals.. my best wish for her is just to pass in her sleep on her personal blanket warm and at home with her family.. Tears are aflow so I must stop here..
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home