... Feathers Girl ...
.. Ah Feathers Girl .. I was out walking Percy the other day and I stopped to let him rest a bit as it was quite hot.. well someone had a window open and I could hear a budgie chirping his/her beak off.. I don't know if she was bothered by something.. but she was talking up a storm.. It brought back memories of my first budgie " Feathers " I had her for upwards of seven years.. she was quite a character.. and was never intimidated by the cats or dog.. I enjoyed her company as she did mine .. they are funny little spirits with their very comic antics.. She liked her toys and treats as well.. but best of all she loved to nibble my asparagus plant.. yup she'd nibble it to a stub if I'd let her.. but she always seemed so content while doing it.. and I knew it would not hurt her.. so I oft let her be.. The plant would easily recover anyways I never worried.. I had a few budgies after her.. but she was the one that came into my minds eye.. Funny Eh !!
Now I have my cockatiels.. their story another day..
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home