Sunday, July 02, 2006

Canada Day Bust

... Yesterday was Canada Day.. the day began with rain not a good thing.. anyways I played on the computer.. checked my website home and added a few posts.. while deciding what to do with this day.. By 11:00 I was dressed and out the door to walk Percy.. the rain had let up but the clouds were hanging in.. So I said.. okay lets go for a drive and see whats cooking out in the hinderland.. I drove over the bridge off this island and was greeted by farmlands.. and the strong aroma of wet land .. cut grass and the like.. There was also the sights and sounds of geese overhead.. things were looking up.. but the clouds were getting omnipresent yet again.. I stopped at a clearing where I saw a bunch of folks staging something.. I asked.. what was happening.. they were minature train enthusiasts who were staging a display for the event tomorrow.. They had gathered from all around the world.. I thought.. oh c**p .. I hoped the weather would hold out for them.. and left.. I thought I might return today to see this display.. however here I am writing this ;o) .. the day is young though..

... Anyways I proceeded along.. stopped for something to munch.. decided on a hot chicken sandwich as it now was about 4:30 in the afternoon.. and I knew this would probably be my supper.. Upon returning to the car.. the clouds were really darkening up.. so I headed home.. there was not much improvement as the night came so I did not go out again to see the fireworks display as the rains came yet again.. So I just watched a bit of TV.. checked my emails.. logged into my website answered a few posts.. and shut everything down and headed off to lala land.. I guess every Canada Day can't be great.. but there is always todayyyyyyy ..

;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home