Saturday, September 30, 2006

.. Drifting..

.. Saturday hmmm I used to be out and about by this time running errands or hitting garage sales.. they didn't seem that exciting.. but after being inside for the last three plus weeks.. beit at the hospital or here.. it seems so long.. Naw they weren't so exciting but a fun way to spend the day.. cannot wait till I feel better and have the strength to go.. I miss piddling around in my car here and there.. Percy does too I think.. but he is a loyal companion this boy of mine.. he never leaves my side except to go out and do his business.. he had me laughing this morning.. he is an 85 pound basset hound that got caught by a small cedar bush about as big as his thigh.. he stood there crying for help.. I clapped my hands and called him silly.. he just stood there wagging his tail like he was doing something talented.. I went to the kitchen to fetch a jerky treat.. yup the bush was no match for the jerky treat monger Percy.. in he came.. unfettered by that nasty bush.. HaHa.. So instead of going out now I can hardly last through a tv program before I drift off cat napping.

I can't imagine my Mom going through this surgery and still having to deal with my older siblings.. I don't remember her experiencing this maybe it was before my time.. but I do remember seeing her scar and asking about it.. Good thing she had my Dad who very easily could slip into the caregiver mode ( MrMom ).. he was always there for her when ever something happened.. guess he was in touch with his feminine side ( he'd be jumpin if he heard that HaHa ) as he is like the Rock of Gibralter most of the time.

Funny where your mind drifts too when your recovering from surgery.. I've been all over the board these last few weeks in my thoughts.. I know Thanksgiving is just around the corner October 9th.. funny thing its falling on my brothers birthday this year.. I think he's 60 .. don't know if there are any special plans made for that for him.. I hope there are. Then after that comes the day I dread Oct.25 the day my Mom passed 6 years back.. well I don't really want to talk about that for I know tears will flow...

Guess I'll go nap now.. I'm kind of tired..

Have A Great Day..
Nut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home