.. I Survived..
.. Wow am I exhausted.. these last 12 days in hospital have just about taken all I've got.. when I left that scan test and awaited the results with excruciating pain I hoped for a quick fix and to be sent on my way... Never did I imagine I would have been told get undressed been wrist tagged and put in a bed to stay... but thats what took place.. before I knew what hit me I was hooked up to IV .. shot with morphine.. put on an antibiotic drip and pushed into a cubicle to wait to find out what the heck was going on.. the nurses were scurrying around me with blood pressure / temperature machines.. my blood pressure was 214/148 .. my temp was 39.5 they shot some heperine in my leg to try to thin my blood but everything was so irratic they just kept coming and going.. I was scared out of my mind.. and asked Mom's Spirit to just come hold my hand.. but I just couldn't raise her awareness it seemed I was alone again in this fight.. the pain hardly dulled by the meds.. I was so dry in my mouth I asked for something but all they would say was not yet.. I still had no clue what all the fuss was about.. finally they asked me about allergies ectra and said I'd be in need of surgery but a Doctor would be by soon.. I waited and waited .. they kept poking and proding me.. I was hot and finally I said PLEASE give me something.. They gave me ice chips.. little did I know that the next 8 days all I would get was ice chips.. I was toxic inside as an avocado size stone had blocked up my gall bladder allowing secretions from my intestine to back up in me... poisoning me and causing me all the heartburn/indigestion I had been experiencing.. Well days and days passed I still was sick as a dog but loaded down with more drugs than I could count..either in my IV or injections in my legs. The bruises one bigger than the next.. finally came surgical ward after 7.5 days in emergency I was scheduled for 2:00 that came and went .. 9:00 pm I went in for what I hoped a simple prosedure called a laprosopy where they just make 4 holes and use instruments to remove the problem.. NOPE not for me .. I was still so inflamed and with alot of former scarring from a previous accident they needed to do it the old fashion way.. I was cut for 8 inches and stapled with 20 staples together.. I feel like a train had/has hit me.. there still is little comfort .. food I cannot stomach.. 12 days with IV and ice chips did me in.. I'm sitting here feeling pretty lousy but I had to write and let you know I'm home now.
To those of You who have sent me your well wishes and Prayers.. I am truely greatful.. You are close to my heart.. It always amazes me the lengths You go to show me Your friendships.. I am blest to have You in My Life.. Thank You So Much..
It may be a while till I write again as my fatigue level is just so high and I cannot seem to get comfortable enough to rest.. Oh how nice it might be to have a lazy boy type chair .. but alas not today.. besides Percy would probably beat me to it..
So I'll sign off a tired and very sore Spirit.. Hugs To You
Nut
3 Comments:
What an ordeal! You sure have been through the mill. (I am amazed that you would stay nearly 8 days in an ED!)
It's frustating, I know, but taking it slowly now is the answer. One day at a time...and each day a little better.
Brightest blessings.
Spirit Sister
Im so sorry you had to endure so much pain and agony, and i truely wish i lived closer to you so i could have been there for you, terrable thing to have to go through by yourself, next time you need Spirit help try contacting me, i know im not much but i beat nothing, take care and get lots of rest, your spirit brother, WF.
Thanks Kiwi & WF.. Oh and WF never never refer to Yourself as "not much " You are a VERY DEAR SPIRIT FRIEND and I cherish You for that..
Love to You both..
Nut
Post a Comment
<< Home