.. Dad's Visit..
.. Well I had a most wonderful visit with my Dad yesterday ( Sunday ).. it was like old times.. and he didn't even care that the place was still in need of paint ectra.. he was just sooooooooo happy to be here and loved the place.. We talked and talked about a miriad of things.. he was watchin Percy and enjoying his company too.. the critter thing was ALWAYS the biggest link between my Dad and me.. HE LOVES CRITTERS.. He was amazed by the cats and dog and birds getting along so well.. and laughed at all the silly houses and toys.. and beds I've made them.. then I have taken the seat out of the van and it sits just high enough for Percy to get on and look like he's king.. its also just long enough for the big oaf.. to stretch on.. but really who had a mini van bench in their living room for a dog.. but He thought it was great and ta hell with anyone that thought differently.. Nothing really was to outrageous for critters.. LOL Then we had supper.. beef stew a favorite of his.. I used my new dishes .. I bought for this place for any occasion.. and now I've created a memory.. being the first time I used these dishes I had My Dad to My place for the first time.. Kinda rocks for me.. again we talked and talked as we ate.. disgussin all kinds of stuff family and all.. he told me about them selling his house.. ectra.. and of course he said " Well they know whats best " he was watchin Percy saying what a good boy he's not moochin.. I said No because he always gets some of whatever I eat after all is done so he's patient.. We finished and I put the bowls on the floor.. he laughed and said .. Helen from Your new dishes.. I said Dad.. He's a very important character in my life Ya know so sure.. He just smiled and I saw that ole sparkle in his eyes.. He left at 9:30... not to bad considering I got him at 1:30.. so I know he enjoyed himself.. and when I took him in his place.. He said I hope you come for me again... I was warm inside.. I said You betcha.. I turned on all the lights he wanted said good night and left.. all the drive home I felt good.. and thought about the day.. no stress no bad feeling.. just GOOD stuff..
Ahhh what a Day..
Nut
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home