... Helga
... Strangers.. Hmmm... Yesterday I went over to the boarder to Hawksbury in Ontario.. its about a 30 minute drive looking for a Christmas tree again.. I popped into the stores there checked out this rather small town of 100,000 with hopes of maybe finding it as I was having little luck here.. Well it was close to 2:00 and I saw a McDonalds.. I stopped and went in.. I placed an order and a little ole doll came to the counter and ordered a "seniors" coffee.. I looked over at her and said.. " Is it smaller or cheaper " kidding.. she said " oh no its the same size.. but I have a senior card " quite seriously.. I grinned.. and waited for my order as it wasn't made.. I turned and saw her sitting alone with a bottle of various colored pills in front of her.. I turned back my order there.. I proceeded to go fill my drink cup.. I walked towards her and said.. mind if I join You.. she smiled and said " sure " come on.. she moved her finished stuff and I sat.. Well while I ate she chatted.. telling me all about herself and grinned and seemed genuinely glad for the company.. Well I finished and we continued to exchange stories.. I felt like I knew her.. we had much in common as we spoke.. " Helga " she said.. thats my name.. " Helen " I said.. nice to meet You.. well we talked more about siblings.. family.. the holidays.. her hubby.. she was 52 years married.. Carl her hubby was out doing a senior a favor.. She was dropped of there as she wanted to be out not sitting alone in the house all day.. Well 2 1/2 hours passed .. it was delightful.. she said well I must get over to the store.. I said yes I must make one more stop before heading home.. We parted saying.. Hope to see You again.. she said.. Well I'm often here next time You come.. I smiled... Once I was driving home.. I thought.. I should have got her number or given her mine.. in our talk she said she quilted.. and would show me if I liked.. Yup Helga.. I surely would..
Think I'll be stopping at that McD's again.. Helga's Spirit is a Good One.. methinks.. Hmmmmm You just never know when .. sometimes huh.. I'll definately give it a go.. to locate Helga again..
As I neared home about 8 minutes out.. what did I see .. yup a field full of buffalo.. I hadn't seen them before but this was a road I took a senic one instead of the highway.. WooHoo.. I pulled out my camera and snapped off a couple of shots.. What a GREAT day..
Blessings..
Nut
1 Comments:
Hi Nutmeg - I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I can relate - I had chronic fatigue syndrome several years ago - a relatively mild case. I'm better now. Hang in there ...
I'm writing, though, because I saw your list of recipes for killing grass and weeds naturally. I'm trying to get rid of large portions of my lawn and replant with low-water-use shrubs (I live in San Diego). I'm wondering whether any of those recipes will make it impossible to replant. I know salt does ...
Thanks in advance ...
Post a Comment
<< Home