Introducing Hoover
... Well here is my newest addition Hoover a 6 month old basset hound.. I received an email last week about yet again another basset.. this time a puppy.. I had told the rescue people if they ever came across another basset to get in touch as I was so thrilled to get Percy 7 years ago from them..... Well one came in after being left off on the side of the road in Lake of Two Mountains.. Quebec.. the lady who saw the person open his/her car door and let him out and then sped off called the pup.. she thought this had to be a mistake.. but it wasn't.. she put up flyers.. and such.. but no one claimed him.. so he was placed in her friends home.. unfortunately they found a puppy to be more work than they were willing to offer.. so he ended up at the rescue..after arriving there he was sent out to the vet for a check-up and vaccinations.. then castration.. as is their policy.. unfortunately the poor little guy ended up with a case of pneumonia and was put on antibiotics.. after a couple of tough days at the shelter I was given the okay last thursday to come get him.. he seemed weak and small for a basset.. but I knew with the proper care and attention I could give him.. he'd be just fine.. Now I just had to introduce him to his big brother Percy as well the cats and pray all went well... I'm glad to say it has.. and he lives up to his name.. Awe yes.. bassets gotta love um..
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home