Prayer Promise
.... Well today I was going through our local paper.. and saw an ad for " cooks needed " by the local " Meals On Wheels " group.. they provide low income or seniors hot meals delivered 3 times a week for a minimum fee..
Well as I've done this kind of thing before.. I remembered when I was sick the last few months praying .... that if I recovered I would pay it forward in some fashion.. Well I got a feeling reading that ad.. and called.. I have an appointment to see the kitchen where the magic is made ..
Yay they liked me so I'll be cooking for 28 folks on the 26th of December.. they were having trouble finding someone.. The lady was most greatful I came and was willing.. she said some had come but were too intimidated.. cooking never has done that to me.. I'm just glad I can finally honor that prayer promise.. I know lots make them in the time of need and after the worst is over it goes by the wayside.. I like to keep any promise I make and as always God willing I will.. I was hoping to do some community service out here since I moved here but I had been sick so much.. but alas my Spirit prevailed..
I just cannot wait.. I'm menu planning everyday as I change my mind often.. I have a limited budget and I want to make the best I can within it.. 2 hours.. to make salad.. soup.. main course and dessert.. WooHooo...
Life is good.. Do something to " Pay Your Blessings Forward this Holiday "
Nut
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home