What a Couple of Days
... Well its the 27th and alot has gone on.. Christmas Day I was here as I hadn't been invited anywhere.. my brother called and I asked him where he was going as he had come out Christmas Eve and wasn't sure.. Well as it turns out he sat at home in his appartment alone.. watching TV.. i said he should have come out but he didn't want to.. So I said well its your choice and left it at that.. My day then consisted of doing alot of the prep work for my Meals on Wheels meal day.. I did the turkey chowder stock.. made the buttertarts and lemon squares.. chopped veges.. sliced up the 14 pork tenderloins.. Packaged that then headed out to IGA grocery to get the salad stuff so I'd have the freshest possible.. All was done by about 9PM.. I started late as after all it was Christmas Day.. I got some nice prezzies from my boys Percy and Hoover.. some of my cyber friends also sent me gifts.. I am really so blest at times.. They do get me through and help me deal with things..
Yesterday was up at 7:00 out to the Legion to cook by 8:00 then got to it by 8:45.. it was like ole times at the residence I used to cook at.. there it was for 45 though here for 24.. not bad at all.. So anyways it all went together without a hitch.. The lady that interviewed me was thrilled with the outcome.. and the kitchen smelled great.. between the honey/mustard pork and the turkey chowder.. Mmmmmmm .. So all was packed up in the containers for the drivers and I did my clean up.. and basically was done by 11:30.. Well the lady asked if I could do Jan. 2nd but I said I would not be in town as I'm going to my sisters in Ontario.. she said oh well I'll find someone.. Then booked me again Feb. 8th.. and on an emergency basis if someone cancelled.. Woohoo.. I like to cook.. as well do community service its good for my Spirit.. well enough ranting.. Time for breaky..
Blessings ..
Nut
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home