It's Christmas Eve Already
.. Well its Christmas Eve.. I finally got a tree and got it all decorated.. it was nice seeing the tree come to life.. strings of lights.. various ornaments.. seeing all the ones friends all over the world sent me.. adds such warmth to the tree.. they make me feel kinda special I guess.. Anyways the morning started off well I got a return email from my ex-sister-in-law.. She's hanging in as best she can.. asked for additional prayers which I will gladly do.. I told her of my impending trip up to Ontario the 29th.. if everything is still the same she said she'd be thrilled to see me.. even if just for a coffee in the hospital and a chat.. I thought great .. its been a few years since I last saw her.. So I'm looking forward to touching base again.. like I said I always liked her..
.. The day then progressed to the tree.. I decorated it with NO help from my silly pup Hoover.. he kept stealing the ornaments and running like hell with them.. having a good ole time.. didn't distroy them.. luckily.. he is quite a character.. So that got done and I then worked out my menu for the Meals on Wheels I'm doing on the 26th. I've decided on pork in honey mustard sauce w/rice.. garden salad.. turkey vegetable chowder.. and dessert butter tarts.. I think that will take the 2 alloted hours to do for 25 people.. I'll do prep work Christmas Day as I'll be here.. I have no invite anywhere so no big deal.. My sister in Ontario will cook a turkey she said New Years Day.. so I'll get my fill then.. A couple of friends dropped by to bring me a huge stock pot.. so I'll get the stock made here and add the veges and stuff their.. I'm glad its just 10 kl. to the Legion .. We chatted and she checked out the tree and said its really festive in here.. I said thanks and we laughed as Hoover was acting out like a toddler would.. taking her boots and shaking them.. or running with his stuffed dog.. just comic relief.. he also diggs at the floor.. she said whats he doing.. I said "going to China" we laughed.. They left.. and I sat on the couch.. looking at the tree.. Percy got up.. lied down on me.. it was real warm.. I nodded off.. Mmmm it was a good evening..
Nut ]
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home