Visit with Dad
.. Visited with my Dad yesterday.. it wasn't my best visit.. he was still asleep at 1:00 .. I woke him up and made him some breakfast.. he was a little confused sadly.. he had had a rough night and week.. his hot water pipe under the kitchen sink burst.. flooding the floor.. Now this building is brand new 6 months.. go figure.. so he said look at the floor.. the wood had buckled at the base of the cabinets.. its just that cheap floating floor garbage.. or some such.. They had taken his carpets as they were soaked as well all his cleaning stuff under the sink.. it stunk in there.. I closed it quickly.. They are going to replace it ASAP.. but what a mess for him at 97 to deal with.. The " golden years " ya right.. anyways we talked as he ate his breakfast of eggs ectra.. I told him about my new pup Hoover.. he shook his head and laughed.. Oh Helen don't you ever have enough.. I said Daddddddddddddd... we both smiled.. he finished his breakfast and went to get dressed.. I cleaned up the dishes and made his bed..
We talked some more about this that and the other.. he told me how he missed my Mom.. I said I know I do too.. he never imagined out living my Mom.. and is really sad about it.. breaks my heart to see the sadness in his eyes.. but thats the script .. we all have one in life.. Around 5:00 I said okay Dad time to go downstairs to the dining area.. he wanted me to stay I think but I had already left the beasts for 6 hours alone.. so I told him next time I'll stay.. I kissed him goodbye.. and left.. he just watched me leave.. Love him ya know
Nut
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home