Thursday, January 24, 2008

.. A New Day

... Well its Thursday and its freezing here this is our coldest time of year.. The snow even creaks underfoot.. the dogs are not to keen to go for a walk so I didn't push the issue.. Hoover is doing much better since the wormer was given.. he's back to his nutso self.. makin me laugh frequently.. I love the little fella..

.. Starting to plan my next " Meals on Wheels " menu.. its in early February.. I'm thinking about a good hardy stew with barley soup, salad and date squares.. I can get in the day before to do prep as I'm not sure I'll have help this time.. so if I have to do it alone I want to get as much prep'd as I can.. Its something to look forward too.. I like cooking..

.. Picked up a few new plants for the place.. I cannot wait for spring to get them.. I love having some of the outdoors inside.. While wondering around WallyWorld the other day I spyed some hyacinths .. my Mom's favorite.. my were they aromatic.. but already all opened so I didn't get some.. to really enjoy them you need to pick them up just as they are budding so You get the full effect at home for days.. I did pick up some ornamental grass seed though so I'll use that this year in the front.. Hope the boys don't kill it widdling..

.. The birds have been frantic at my feeders today.. its usually like that on cold days.. the suet has allot of seeds ectra in it and the woodpeckers and chickadees are at it all the time.. other visitors include nuthatches.. siskins..finches.. juncos to name a few.. Funny too the cats have noticed the new goldfish on the table.. fascinating to them haha whatever floats their boat.. they got the tank for Christmas but I was waiting for a warmer day to get a fish.. its a calico one.. kinda nice.. I call it HAY FISH..

.. Nothing new family wise.. I'm still out in the cold as far as I see it.. even my nieces don't seem to want to talk with me either.. sad huh.. I just don't know what the heck I did to everyone..

.. Anyways gotta go.. its almost supper time.. Have a good one my readers..

Blessings,
Nut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home