Heart Disease
... What a week.. sorry I've not had a chance to write.. I have been very engaged with a friends health issue.. Namely heart disease.. he flatlined last month on his way into a medical clinic and ended up in emergency .. thank God he was revived by the ambulance drivers.. So I've been pretty occupied with that health dilemma of my friend.. I'm not ready to loose anyone.. he has been a great friend over the years.. He is stable now thanks to the wonderful work of the ICU staff.. He's holding his own and I am most grateful for that..
... Besides all that we have had quite a bit of oddball weather.. 23" of snow fell here.. The boys loved plowing through it.. Its a bit of comic relief in a sometimes stress filled day.. However one day at a time.. is a good motto these days..
... Still no communication from family.. I guess I do have the plague as far as their concerned.. I visited my Dad last week.. He's not happy in that nursing home.. tod me how " George " real name Cliff is always yelling and that he's pushy. You never know what goes on in these places.. The other two residents stay in their rooms.. I've yet to see them out in the common area.. So sad that your golden years are spent staring at walls.. My dad and me talked about this that and the other.. but it was getting on to 4:00 and I knew traffic would be bad so I went and put on my coat.. He said " hey wait a minute .. aren't I coming with You.. I don't want to stay here " Cliff piped up sayin " Dad you live here " My dad rolled his eyes and said no I don't " .. I looked ayt him and there it was that look of betrayal.. he said " your leaving me here ".. Cliff said " She's just going shopping and will be back ".. He looked at me and said " Oh so I'll see you later then " .. I lied and said "Yes Dad " I left there again heavy hearted.. Its just not fair..
Nutmeg
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home